HIGHEST MARKS IN THE COUNTRY
O’ LEVEL CHEMISTRY – NAFISA MEHREEN NASER
AS ‘ LEVEL CHEMISTRY – S. M. ISNAIN
O’ LEVEL CHEMISTRY – NIJHUM NINAD
O’ LEVEL CHEMISTRY – NAFISA SADAF HRITI
HIGHEST MARKS IN THE WORLD
O’ LEVEL ADDITIONAL MATHEMATICS – ASEF AZIZ
EDEXCEL- O’-LEVEL COMMERCE- MAHIN REZAB
Every Year Students receive The Daily Star Award for obtaining 6 As and above in O’ Level and 3 As and above in A’ Level.
EXTERNAL EVENTS :
2) 3 of our students obtained positions in the Junior Category of Online Inter School Science Fair organized by Scholastica in February 2021. Their projects were “Website Development”, “Electrical Conductivity” and “The Seasons”. They displayed their projects through videos Online.
3) Our students also excelled in a Bangla Olympiad held and organized by International Hope School. They became winners in Poetry Recitation and Singing. In the previous year, they bagged prizes in Poetry Recitation, Essay Writing, and Drawing.
4) 8 Students of ours secured positions in the 8th English Medium Math Olympiad held in Academia School.
5) Playpen Students also participated in the 10th Bangladesh Physics Olympiad Technology Fair held in Curzon Hall, Dhaka University. Among them, a group of students of Class VII was awarded their project named “Air Filter”.
6) Playpen students also became winners in Language League organized by North South University. They secured 3 Gold, 3 Silver, and 3 Bronze Medals in Script Writing, Team Quiz, Poetry Writing and Recitation, Spelling Bee, Speech, Grammar, and Wall Magazine.
7) Our Students became Grand Champion in ALOHA, Mental Arithmetic International Competition.
8) Lamia Rahman Rodoshi & Anika Tabassum Amreen of Std. X was selected by the National Committee of Bangladesh UWC (United World Colleges). UWC is a global educational movement with the mission to “make education a force to unite people, nations, and cultures for peace and a sustainable future.” Lamia has been offered for UWC Mahindra College, India & Anika has been offered for UWC in China with a 75% scholarship.
9) An Interschool Science Fair was held at American Standard International School (ASIS). Students of VII, VIII & IX participated in the event. Among them, students of VII & VIII became Runner Up in the middle section category. The Projects were:
1. Smart House & Burglar system
10) “Writer’s Playground” – a workshop was held at Scholastica, Gulshan Section. The program encouraged students to develop unique voices and expressions as writers, narrators, and creative thinkers. In this workshop, under the category of “Youthful Creators’- Stories through pictures, two of our students from Class II participated. Through their hard work and creative writing, they managed to achieve the Champions trophy.
11) British Council Young Learners’ Centre organized an art competition. The theme was “Spirit of Sports: Commonwealth Games 2014”. Around 90 students from different schools participated in the event. 17 students from Playpen were selected in the first round and they participated in the final round which was held at British Council. They secured the 3rd position in Group C the 10th position in Group C and the 10th position in Group B.
12) A National Post Card Competition on Climate Change was organized by the British Council where students from Class VI – X participated. Ixion Chowdhury ( Ikkhon) of Class VIII become one of the winners in this competition. His Post The card was selected as one of the best among 21 from over 17,000 submissions nationwide and was exhibited at the Global Climate Change Conference in Doha, Qatar.
13) An Inter School ICT Fair was organized by Cardiff International School. A total no. of 6 students participated from Playpen. 3 students from Playpen secured the following positions :
1. The 2nd Position in SMS contest.
2. The 2nd Position in Visual Art Competition,
3. The 3rd Position in Gaming Competition, FIFA 2014.
They were awarded Certificates and Trophies.
1) Man of the Match: BIT Football Tournament
2. Runner-Up (Under 16 Category): Organized IHSB
3) Runner-Up (Under 16 Category): Organizer Sunbeams
4) Runner-Up and Top Scorer (Girls Team) : Organizer: ITHS
5) Champion (Under 19 Category), Best Goalkeeper, and Best Player. Organizer: DIFT DPS
6) 1st Runner-Up(Girls Single): Capstone Inter School Table Tennis Tournament. Organizer:
7) Champion (Under 19 Category): Man of the Match: Manarat Inter School Football
Tournament. Organizer: Manarat School Gulshan
8) 4th position (Awarded with a trophy): 22nd Polar Ice Cream Handball Tournament
Organizer: Bangladesh Handball Federation
9) Boys – Champion and Girls – Champion: 3rd Sunnydale Games (Table Tennis) Organizer:
10) Unbeaten Champion and Special Award – Best Striker and Best Player:
Aga Khan Inter-School Football Tournament Organizer: Aga Khan School
11) 3rd position (Awarded with a trophy). 21st Polar Ice Cream Handball Tournament
Organizer: Bangladesh Handball Federation
12) Champion and Special Award – Top Scorer and Best Goal Keeper. ISD Under-16 Annual Inter
School Football Tournament. Organizer: ISD
13) Best Goalkeeper Tournament: Sunbeams Super Cup Inter-School Football Tournament
Organizer: Sunbeams School
14) Champion (Boys)-Singles & Doubles and Champion (Girls)-Singles & Doubles.
Tournament: Sunnydale Games (Table Tennis)-Boys & Girls. Organizer: Sunnydale School
15) Runner-up (Boys)-Singles and Runner-up (Girls)-Singles and Champion (Boys)-Singles
Tournament: ITF JTI Tennis Tournament. Organizer: Bangladesh Tennis Federation
16) Champion- Tournament: Scholastica Inter-School Basketball Tournament
Playpen congratulates them all!